Dr. Godbout was born and raised in Norfolk, VA. She attended the University of Virginia where she received her Bachelor of Arts in Cognitive Science before moving back to Norfolk for her medical degree at Eastern Virginia Medical School.
Dr. Godbout was born and raised in Norfolk, VA. She attended the University of Virginia where she received her Bachelor of Arts in Cognitive Science before moving back to Norfolk for her medical degree at Eastern Virginia Medical School. She went on to complete a preliminary year in internal medicine at Greater Baltimore Medical Center in Towson, MD, followed by ophthalmology residency at Albany Medical Center in Albany, NY where she discovered her passion for oculoplastic surgery. In her spare time she enjoys playing tennis, exploring the outdoors, and live music. She has interest in a wide range of clinical research topics within oculoplastic surgery. She is excited to be completing her oculoplastic surgery fellowship here at the University of Washington and looks forward to the wide range of pathology encountered here.
1. Godbout EE, Subik MK, Rubinstein TJ. Necrotizing Granulomatous Dacryoadenitis With Non-Necrotizing Granulomatous Scar Hypertrophy: Two Histological Variants of Sarcoidosis in the Same Patient. Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2021; 37:e30-e33.
2. Godbout EE, Lau KW, Adam AP, Wladis EJ. Calcitonin Gene-Related Peptide in Blind, Painful Eyes. Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2020; 36: 241-242.
3. Lateef N, Dawood M, Sharma K, Tauseef A, Munir MA, Godbout EE. Recurrent spontaneous pneumothorax in pregnancy- a case report and review of literature. Journal of Community Hospital Internal Medicine Perspectives. 2018; 8: 115-118.
4. Spiegel DR, Nelson AB, Lieb DC, Pattison AM, Smith JS, Zigrossi P, Godbout EE. A Case of Psychosis in a Patient with Secondary Adrenal Insufficiency: A Possible Etiological Role of a Hypocortisolemic- Induced Increase in Proinflammatory Cytokines. Innovations in Clinical Neuroscience. 2017; 14: 4-10.
5. Obermeyer RJ, Godbout EE, Goretsky MJ, Paulson JF, Frantz FW, Kuhn MA, Lombardo ML, Buescher ES, Deyerle A, Kelly RE. Risk factors and management of Nuss bar infections in 1717 patients over 25 years. Journal of Pediatric Surgery. 2016; 51: 154-158.
6. Williams BJ, Raper DM, Godbout EE, Bourne TD, Prevedello DM, Kassam AB, Park DM. Diagnosis and Treatment of Chordoma. Journal of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network. 2013; 11: 726-31.